HP303B Barometric Sensor is a miniaturized Digital Barometric Air Pressure Sensor with a high accuracy and a low current consumption, capable of measuring both pressure and temperature. The pressure sensor element is based on a capacitive sensing principle which guarantees high precision during temperature changes.
The small package makes the HP303B ideal for mobile applications and wearable devices. The internal signal processor converts the output from the pressure and temperature sensor elements to 24 bit results. HP303B Barometric Sensor each unit is individually calibrated, the calibration coeicients calculated during this process are stored in the calibration registers. The coeicients are used in the application to convert the measurement results to high accuracy pressure and temperature values.
- Operation range: Pressure: 300 –1200 hPa. Temperature: -40 – 85 °C.
- Pressure sensor precision: ± 0.005 hPa (or ±0.05 m) (high precision mode).
- Relative accuracy: ± 0.06 hPa (or ±0.5 m)
- Absolute accuracy: ± 1 hPa (or ±8 m)
- Temperature accuracy: ± 0.5°C.
- Pressure temperature sensitivity: 0.5Pa/K
- Measurement time: Typical: 27.6 ms for standard mode (16x). Minimum: 3.6 ms for low precision mode.
- Average current consumption: 1.7 μA for Pressure Measurement, 1.5uA for Temperature measurement @1Hz sampling rate, Standby: 0.5 μA.
- Supply voltage: VDDIO: 1.2 – 3.6 V, VDD: 1.7 – 3.6 V.
- Operating modes: Command (manual), Background (automatic), and Standby.
- Calibration: Individually calibrated with coeicients for measurement correction.
- FIFO: Stores up to 32 pressure or temperature measurements.
- Interface: I2C and SPI (both with optional interrupt)
- Package dimensions: 8-pin LGA 3.6 mm x 3.8 mm x 1.2 mm.
- Green Product (RoHS) Compliant
- Indoor Navigation (floor detection e.g. in shopping malls and parking garages)
- Health and Sports (accurate elevation gain and vertical speed)
- Outdoor Navigation (GPS start-up time and accuracy improvement, dead-reckoning e.g. in tunnels)
- Weather Station(‘Micro-weather’ and local forecasts)
- HDD drivers, (leak rate detection in hard disk drives)
- Drones (flight stability and height control)